Growth & Creating Value
Increasing profits or economic competitiveness,
new revenue streams, tapping into new markets,
increasing competitiveness and collaboration in
the global marketplace, attracting investment,
social return on investment.
International recognition as a thought leader;
both conceptualising and winning awards; impact communication; and attracting, retaining
and developing talent and leadership.
Saving time, money and resources,
improving productivity, leveraging
resources and partnerships, remodelling
Momentum & Resilience
Getting buy-in for strategies to ensure
implementation, breaking silos
to enhance knowledge and resource sharing;
ultimately implementing strategies with less money, in less time, and with greater impact.
design, engineering, behavioral, and business
model innovation; and developing new products and services.
Accurate data to inform correct policies
and sound decision-making. Case studies
and thought leadership. Training and curriculum
development that is values and value-driven.
3BL’s niche is social, environmental, and collaboration innovation. While we can provide more technical services through our partners, you should consider working with us if you are looking for breakthrough solutions that redefine your industry, sector and organization and leverage our unique palette of expertise.
• Develop systems-level holistic strategies and solutions to amplify social, environmental and economic impact.
• Discover and align existing ad hoc CSR initiatives and integrating them into strategic CSR and sustainability policies.
• Localize multinational corporation’s CSR and sustainability strategies in the MENA region.
• Rethink purpose, business models, and value chains.
• Research, thought leadership and publishing case studies on your sustainable development initiatives.
• Strategy implementation support.
3BL’s innovation partners include organizations like Volans and THNK, and technical partners include firms like KPMG.
• Sketch the landscape of sustainable development. opportunities related to your strategic business issues.
• Identify opportunities for economic competitiveness through serving societal and environmental needs.
• Develop strategies for 3 levels of Shared Value, including: (1) Re-conceiving products and markets; (2) Redefining productivity in the value chain; and (3) Enabling local cluster development.
• Thought leadership and publishing case studies on your organization’s Shared Value initiative.
3BL was the first Arab consulting affiliate of the Porter-Kramer Shared Value Initiative (2014).
With billions of years of R&D and intelligence, nature operates at a level of efficiency and sustainability unparalleled by the human race: A spider produces silk that is—ounce for ounce—stronger than Kevlar, which is used to make bullet-proof vests. And it does so by digesting an insect, at ambient temperatures, using life-friendly chemistry.
• Solve engineering, design and behavioral problems by tapping into nature’s genius and asking: What would nature do?
• Inspire and engage employees to adopt a new mind-set with the highest sustainability and innovation benchmark.
• Engage youth in innovation and STEM subjects through this inspiring field.
3BL’s co-founder is among the first 100 biomimicry specialists in the world.
Design a new type of PPP that integrates natural capital as a key collaborator and innovation partner through Public-Planet Partnerships. From collaborating with ocean currents to remove garbage; partnering with pigeons to monitor air quality; or fighting global hunger with fungi.
• Prioritize and communicate with stakeholders to understand expectations, improve decision-making and manage risk.
• Mapping and designing multi-sector and cross-industry partnerships to amplify impact.
• Forge Public Planet Partnerships to benefit from nature’s more than US$ 100 trillion eco-system services and 8.7 million species.
3BL has engaged more than 350 stakeholders across multiple sectors and in 6 continents, and belongs to numerous global networks including the World Economic Forum, Singularity University and the Dalai Lama Fellows.
Lack of accurate data is endemic to the Arab world. Yet data informs appropriate and effective strategies on corporate and policy levels. Our research capabilities help our clients uncover key insights to inform more holistic strategies, in collaboration with our big data partners. We also produce published research, case studies and thought leadership.
Our superpower: understanding the connections between a range of social, economic, environmental and political issues and sectors places us in an unparalleled position to provide macro insights.
• Receive customized programs, curricula, toolkits, workshops and trainings to achieve your social and environmental objectives, catering to both internal and external stakeholders, including: youth, business, civil society, academic institutions and international organizations.
• Empower our employees with the mindset and tools so you no longer need us as your consultants.
3BL uses design-thinking, the Harvard Business School case study method, biomimicry (nature-inspired innovation), exponential technology thinking, gamified exercises, and mindfulness to ensure we deliver the antithesis of ‘death by PowerPoint’.
• Monitoring and measuring social, economic and environmental sustainability performance using frameworks like the GRI, UN Global Compact and the SROI (social return on investment). We help organizations set metrics to evaluate their impact and effectiveness.
• Producing CSR and sustainability reports as stand-alones or integrating into Annual Reports as part of integrated reporting.
3BL was the first local Bahraini company to become an Organizational Stakeholder of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). One of our co-founders serves as the GRI’s quality control consultant for sustainability reporting training partners in the MENA region.